- Colour your sugarpaste as you wish.
- Take an A sized ball and shape into either a slightly flattened ball (for a short fat “Forever Friends” type bear) or a long cone (for a “You and Me” type bear)
- Insert a long piece of spaghetti through the ball.
- Take a B sized ball and slightly flatten it. Secure it to the body using the spaghetti spike and a little edible glue.
- Take a B sized ball and roll into a long sausage. Fold it in half and cut along the fold.
- Shape the uncut end into a foot. Secure both legs to the body with glue.
- Repeat this with a C sized ball for the arms. You may need to use spaghetti to anchor the arms to the body.
- A flattened F sized ball is used to make the snout
- A dented F shape ball can be cut in half and used for ears.
10. Shape a small ball (I or J) of black sugarpaste into a triangle and glue to the snout.
Adding details really bring these bears to life. Try one or more of the following:
- Foot pads and toes
- Stitch lines
*The Size guide: You can buy plastic size guides but there really is no need. All you need to do is draw yourself a series of circles, labelled A-K, that decrease in size from A which has a 4cm diameter to K which has a 0.25cm diameter. If you are not sure what I mean just send me a message and I will email you my guide. (I haven’t worked out how to insert objects into WordPress yet otherwise I would have included a guide in this blog!)