- Red, Black, Brown and White sugarpaste
- Gum Tragacanth or CMC
- Dried Spaghetti
- Lollypop sticks
- Royal Icing
- Silver wire
- Brown Florist tape
- Flesh, Autumn leaf, Liquorice, Egg Yellow and Baby Blue colour gel
- Knead a small amount of gum tragacanth into the red sugarpaste.
- Take 1/3 of the red paste and roll into a fat sausage shape, making sure to leave the middle section slightly fatter. Bring the ends around to form the legs
- Take half of the remaining red and form into a cone shape (a fat cone if you want a tubby Father Christmas). Insert a lollypop stick through the cone and attach to the legs. Mark where the belt should go.
- Colour some of the white paste with the flesh colour gel and knead in a little gum tragacanth. Roll some of the paste into a ball to form the head and add a small ball for the nose.
- To form the hat, take half the remaining red paste and roll in into a cone shape. Thin out the bottom until the cone resembles a mexican hat. Attach to the head.
- To make the arms, half the remaining red paste and roll it into two long thin cones. Hollow the fat end out slightly to insert the hands.
- Attach the arms to the body using a piece of dried spaghetti. Add brown boots, a black belt and white trimming to the suit. To make the white paste look like fur simply stab it with a shell tool. Add blue eyes.
- Colour a little royal icing with liquorice colour gel and add hair and a beard. 9. An extra finishing touch is to add wire glasses.