I have had such a chaotic week! Monday my son had a hospital appointment; Tuesday I was teaching a workshop at the local high school; Wednesday my whippet, Felix, was taken into the vet hospital to have some more metalwork removed from his leg and I had a birthday cake to make, Thursday I had a Christening cake to make and I was teaching night school and Friday I had a birthday cake to make and my son had Hydrotherapy! So today I am having a pyjama day! I think I deserve one!
I am pottering around the house sorting out the washing, doing a bit of baking for us and singing along to the Carpenters on the radio, all whilst wearing my snow leopard print fleecy pyjama bottoms and my huge “I love my whippets” sweatshirt with my hair tied up in a very scruffy bun! It might not be cutting edge fashion but boy is it comfortable!
I thought I would have a go at this Smartie cookie recipe from Good Food Magazine today because it just looked fun! It was stupidly simple to make and I have to say the cookies are bloody gorgeous! Crispy on the outside and soft and gooey inside. And if you happen across an orange smartie, they are pure heaven!
- 100g softened margarine
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1 tbs golden syrup
- 150g self-raising flour
- 85g (3 tubes) Smarties
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan
- Place all the ingredients except the smarties into a mixing bowl.
- Mix to a soft smooth dough
- Add the smarties
- This dough made 14-16 cookies when rolled into balls or formed with a mini-icecream scoop. DO NOT flatten the balls, just leave plenty of room between each cookie to allow spreading.
- Bake for 10-12 mins
- Leave on the tray for 5 mins then transfer to a cooling rack.
- A Delectable (and healthy) Oatmeal Raisin Cookie (lenleatherwood.wordpress.com)
- Ginger Snap Cookies & Soft Ginger Cookies | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)