Long time, no blog! Life, as usual, has taken over! This particular recipe is the result of having a particularly picky 15-year-old son. I don’t know if your kids are the same but Ben goes through phases of liking food then refusing to touch them! I get fed up of giving food away because Ben has gone off it. A whole chocolate orange fudge cake went to his best friend’s house last week! Needless to say, I am the best as far as Ben’s friends are concerned!
This recipe started life as simply rocky road but then I tinkered with it! I sort of deconstructed it and added cream cheese but shush, don’t tell Ben! If he thought it was cheesecake he wouldn’t eat it! Hence the name Ben’s Good-Boy pie! I told him I would only make it if he was a good little boy (he is close to 6 foot and towers over me!) and didn’t give me any grief!
This is a very rich dessert but as a little treat after tea, I think it is fine!
- 125g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75g butter, melted
- 125g butter
- 300g dark or milk chocolate (or a bit of both)
- 3 tbs golden syrup
- 200g soft cream cheese
- 150g mini marshmallows
- Combine the crushed biscuits and melted butter then press tightly into an 8 inch loose bottomed Springform tin. Chill until firm.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter, chocolate and syrup together.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cream cheese
- Pour over the prepared biscuit base.
- Top with mini marshmallows. I used a blowtorch to colour them slightly but it is equally nice without doing that.
- Place in the fridge and allow to set completely before removing from the tin and serving. Ideally leave the cake overnight.