8 oz softened salted butter
5 oz caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
9oz plain flour
1oz cocoa powder
4oz chocolate of your choice, melted
1.Preheat the oven to 180C / 160C fan
2.Beat the sugar, egg, vanilla and butter together until light and fluffy
3.Mix in the flour and cocoa to form a stiff paste
4. Wrap the dough in cling film or put in a freezer bag and chill for at least 30 minutes. It is better to split the dough into smaller batches to prevent you overworking the dough.
5.Roll the dough out to about 3mm or quarter of an inch thick. Cut out the cookies in your chosen shape. Work quickly to stop the dough warming up too much as this makes it difficult to work with.
6.Line a baking tray with parchment paper
7. Place the cookies on the baking tray. Make sure you leave enough space for the cookies to spread.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
9. Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
10. Coat the cookies in melted chocolate of your choice and decorate. I used freeze dried raspberries on mine.