I came across a version of this brownie many years ago and genuinely wasn’t sure what to make of it apart from the fact that I liked it. I’m not a lover of red velvet cakes as a rule but I do love cheesecake and am partial to the odd brownie. This recipe covers all of them. It always reminds me of a volcanic eruption to look at but it tastes divine!
3oz dark chocolate, chopped
12oz caster sugar
3 free range eggs
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp red food colouring gel
10oz SR flour
05 tsp salt
12oz cream cheese (I got rid of any excess water but straining the cheese in a muslin cloth overnight)
4oz caster sugar
1 free range egg
1tsp vanilla extract.
- Preheat the oven to 180C /160C fan
- Line a traybake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together then allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs, sugar, food colouring and vanilla together
- Add the cooled chocolate
- Mix in the flour and salt. The mixture should be RED
- Pour into the prepared tin.
- Beat the cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar to form a custard.
- Pour over the brownie mixture then swirl together with a butter knife.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.